Can the VS2000CD substitute (for example) Cubase ?

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
CJ

Can the VS2000CD substitute (for example) Cubase ?

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

I am very happy with my Fantom X7 etc. and also like to record with Cubase.

Somehow me and computers do not always 'like' each other. Let's say for example a computer can crash, latency-problems, PC-virus etc and too much possibilities with PC that make me have the feeling that I lost creativity.

I had the plan to upgrade my PC anyway.

Now this:
If I would work with for example VS2000CD , would that be a good substitute for PC and Cubase ? (because of the VGA-screen option , mouse-option and CD-burning and USB-possibilities)

Is it very hard to sync the Fantom - MIDI with VS2000CD ? (Of course every tool needs its learning-curve time anyway).

Can I work with the VS2000CD just like Cubase ? (Not the exact workflow, but for example a sort of same kind of interface on the screen)

I did look for info about VS2000CD but maybe good to read some user-experiences.

Or am I thinking too 'expensive' and should I just upgrade the computer ? (Somehow I think that with PC there is always a chance to crash or get virus etc. and not always good compatibility with soundcards etc. etc.)

So, can VS2000CD be substitute Cubase ?

Thanks for reading.

CJ
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Can the VS2000CD substitute (for example) Cubase ?

Post by Artemiy »

The problem with VS recorders is that they are no longer manufactured, and thus you can't add any new features or new effects. With Cubase you can add plug-ins, and also upgrade to newer vesrions. However, I fully understand the issues you have with Windows, I've been through this too.

My suggestion to you is to get a Mac. Today there are many models available at affordable prices, like 20" iMac and 13.3" MacBook Pro. The benefits are:
- great package with everything you need already included
- extremely ergonomic and easy to use system, will save you tons of time and energy
- future proof Mac OS (future of Windows is doomed)
- perfectly stable system day to day, no viruses, no slow-down of system over time
- free GarageBand DAW included (up to 256 24-bit audio tracks with 4x effects and EQ per track)
- expand with new instruments and effects in future
- I could go on and on, it's another world