Looking to replace VS8F1 reverb

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
JamieH

Looking to replace VS8F1 reverb

Post by JamieH »

I've been using and loving the VS8F1 effects board on my VS-880 for over a decade now. But everything else in my studio has moved to the PC. I'm finding that bouncing tracks to my VS880 and then bouncing them back just for the reverb is somewhat tedious. Plus, the VS-880 is limited to 16-bit 48K, and I'd like to be able to mix down in 24-bit. But I love that reverb and I'm nervous about finding a software reverb that matches it.

What possible solutions do I have? I don't think anyone has created a software plug-in that is the same reverb as the VS8F. Does Roland have a digital hardware reverb similar to these effects boards that I can receive and send digital IO at the same time?

Thanks for your help!

Jamie
Patrick_

Re: Looking to replace VS8F1 reverb

Post by Patrick_ »

I still have my VS880 and I have it connected to my PC via SPDIF. Currently I run one cable into my Fantom X, further effect the signal(interesting combos between the VS8F1 and the Fantom's effects), and then play around with in in Sonar. You don't have to do it that way but I paid 2K for my VS880 and I'm not about to sell it for $50. Not even to my mom.
You could always sample an effected sound. The great thing about creativity is never doing the same thing the same way twice.