BR-600 Input question

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
mwk67

BR-600 Input question

Post by mwk67 »

I feel a bit stupid asking this because I think it's just a matter of not interpreting the manual correctly.

I'm considering buying the BR-600.

I have the Roland TD-20 drumset, a Juno-D synth, a standard guitar, and standard bass.

I want to be able to record two instruments at the same time, but not sure if the combos I want can work correctly.

For example, let's say I want to record a guitar and bass at the same time. One would obviously plug into the Guitar/Bass jack. But will I get a good signal from the instrument that would (I'm guessing) go into the Mic1 or Mic2 jack? I don't suspect I'd be able to take advantage of the guitar/bass effects through the Mic1 or Mic2 jacks, but just a simple, clear signal would be enough.

Same scenario if I wanted to record the drums and keyboard at the same time... does it work to have one go in the Mic1 jack and the other through the Mic2 jack?

Thanks for the help. I've done a little recording in GarageBand with instruments, but I have to do it one instrument at a time.

The goal here would be able to record two instruments at a time. But I'm getting thrown by the Impedance values and not sure if that affects what is possible to be plugged into the Mic and Line In jacks.