FX + N12 + Logic + Midi setup help.

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
achyeboah

FX + N12 + Logic + Midi setup help.

Post by achyeboah »

Hello guys.

I have what i think is a pretty trivial problem. It has to do with my setup, which has an Fantom X, a Yamaha N12 and a macbook pro. i'm pretty sure i've done this b4, but cant seem to remember how now.....

ok, now I've got these set up so the audio and midi from the FX go through the N12 to logic on the mac. no problem there.

However, I'd like to be able to set things up, so I can use Logic as the master, so I can press record/play from Logic and have the FX play, in sync. This should also allow sequencer data from Logic to be played on the Fantom. However, I should still be able to play the local and have that send audio + midi to the FX.

For example, if I have a sequence on the fantom, and I would like to send it track by track ( both audio/midi) to logic. I would also like to be able to edit the midi data in logic, and play that track back and capture the audio, if need be. I'd like to be able to do this as seemlessly as possible.

I hope that's clear enough. I know has to do with the system settings MIDI page... but i can't remember the correct settings.

Any help very welcome.

Samuel
achyeboah

Re: FX + N12 + Logic + Midi setup help.

Post by achyeboah »

Hello,

any help?