sequencer

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
soundklinik

sequencer

Post by soundklinik »

What is a good, simple, multichannel hardware sequencer, that can make loops, mute, solo, etc...(sequencer only)
TIA
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: sequencer

Post by Artemiy »

I do not think there are standalone sequencers produced anymore, but you can have a look at inexpensive workstations such as Akai MPC-500, MPC-1000, also Roland JUNO-G.
soundklinik

Post by soundklinik »

Thank you, (I know Akai are good,) I am more interested in 'older' or 'dedicated' sequencers, without samplers,drum machines etc..Something like the Alesis MMT-8
cheers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Have a look at Roland MC-80 then, it's really awesome and very easy to use. It has the same sequencer and large display as the XP-80.
soundklinik

Post by soundklinik »

Thank you, the only thing is they are soooooooooooooo hard to find...
cheers
Villi

Post by Villi »

The Alesis MMT-8 as you mention and the Emu Command Stations are well regarded sequencers, although I haven't tried them personally (the emu has a built in synth).

I use a Yamaha RS7000 and can recommend that (Also got a built in synth/sampler). Other than that, there are the MPCs and some of the higher end Roland grooveboxes I suppose, as well as more boutique stuff like Elektron Monomachine/Machinedrum, Radikal Tech. Spectralis and Genoqs Octopus/Nemo.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

Yamaha Rm1x and/or RS7000 are a couple of the best hardware sequencers out there.