Trouble connecting my juno G using a midi cable from my Fant

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Rusty

Trouble connecting my juno G using a midi cable from my Fant

Post by Rusty »

Hello, I have two keyboards, A Fantom X8 and a Juno G.
I currently connect the juno to the fantom using the Jack mix input but today purchased a single midi cable to join the two

What I wanted to achieve was to play the Fantom Sounds on both keyboards at the same time,
ie, The fantom's Piano on the fantom keys and then the fantom's organ through the juno's keys.

I connected the midi cable and without doing anything else I have the fantom playing the sound that is currently on and also the sound that the juno is currently on at the same time through the fantoms keys, ie layered
the juno just plays its own sound,
This is not what I wanted
I guess you have already figured out that i'm a complete novice that would require simple explanations rather than tech speak
Can I do what I wanted to do originally, play a different fantom sound through the juno while the fantom has a seperate sound selected on its own keys,
Many Thanks for any help
G-Man

Re: Trouble connecting my juno G using a midi cable from my

Post by G-Man »

In Performance mode, both keyboards should have a Tx (Midi Message Transmission) and Rx (Midi Message reception) parameter that can be set to ON and OFF. What you need to do is to turn OFF the LOCAL parameter of the Juno G if you don't want it to play any sounds of it's own from it's keys. Then you need to make shure that the organ patch of the Fantom assigned as one of the performance's parts has the RX (Receive Midi) turned ON, and that the correspondent part inside the Juno G has the Tx (Transmit Midi) turned also ON. You will need to make shure that the piano part of the Fantom has the Tx turned OFF or that the correspondent part of the Juno G has the Rx turned OFF too in order not to hear any sound from the Juno G while you play the piano part on the Fantom. To locate theese parameters refer to the Owner's Manual perhaps at the INDEX (in case you don't get more feed-back from traditional Fantom X- Juno G users).
Rusty

Re: Trouble connecting my juno G using a midi cable from my

Post by Rusty »

Hi. Thank you for the info. I'll try it tonight and see how I get on.
Thanks.