42: korg id
3n: (n=o-f) midi channel
7F: microsampler model ID
nn: function ID (type of message)

sysex string = decay

F0 42 39 7F 41 25 00 15 00 pp 00 F7

pp is the variable between 0 and 127

------------------------------------------

- if i keep the pp in the string i get an error message from the edirol editor.
- i i change the pp to 0 127 or F0 i get one time the max valu, depending on the initial decay rate

question:

what part of the string neds to be replaced by what hex to make the slider or knob give a 0 to 127 scale
I AM

Re: edirol sysex

Post by I AM »

i think you have to replace "pp" with hex value ranging from 00 to ff and if you want to make a slide, you have to send the whole string every time, changing only pp value... i don't have korg, it's just a suggestion
shabby

Post by shabby »

if i replace it with a value it gives only this entered value on the decay not the slide. so what would be the heX for the slide. i dont think it differs from other brands, casue this part of the code is clear (as i put in the 1st mail)

thanks for trying though!!
I AM

Post by I AM »

sysex are often different even from model to model..... and i don't understand what do you mean by "slide"
shabby

Post by shabby »

maybye the actual numbers differ, but the way they are build up is sortlike.

slide, i want a slider to be able to change the decay from 0 to 127
I AM

Post by I AM »

slider on korg? then look in the manual.... if you use external controller, then it must be able to send sysex... not all of them are able to do such things.... look at behringer bcr 2000... i believe it's capable of doing such things... or maybe your korg is able to recieve cc messages to control decay
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

In your example, you used F0 for the pp parameter. That corresponds to a Value in Decimal=240, which is out of the desired range (0-127), so that's why the error.

As was said before by other member, each brand has its own System Exclusive (SYSEX for short) messages, but regarding your question, which HEX data you should use in the pp parameter, it should be between **00H and 7FH which correspond to between 0 (Decimal) and 127(Decimal)**.

Note: that in some boards, or for some parameters, the exact value in HEX could use an offset, i,e, 0 in decimal could not be exactly 00 in HEX but 01H for example... For that you have to read the Korg Documentation to see if this applies..

I hope this helps
shabby

Post by shabby »

thanx! the thing is i do not want a amount fixed to be send, but to sweep it from min. to max. replacing the pp with a fixed number works, but i want the amounte to be controlled by one of the faders or pots

so what do i do then?

tnx again
shabby

Post by shabby »

so found it.. the pp should be replaced by DT and then it worx.
I AM

Post by I AM »

and what is DT ???