M-16DX Problems continued...

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Orbvs_Tomarvm

M-16DX Problems continued...

Post by Orbvs_Tomarvm »

Ok, so its been 2 (long!!) weeks since i got my edirol and still no joy. It doesn't connect to my pc full stop. Couple of things i have noticed though: Firstly, when i power up the m-16dx it reads as 'version 1.22', whereas i only seem to be able to find drivers for V1 or V2?? Anybody any clue as to what thats all about? Is there perhaps a factory restore procedure i can do (that DOESN'T involve it being hooked up to a computer lol) to return it back to version1 maybe so i can try installing the drivers again? Anybody any advice on its operating system?

Also, i've notice when connecting the edirol to my pc with the usb cable, and the 'found new hardware' balloon pops up; there also appears a balloon telling me that this device would work better if it was connected to a hi speed usb port... however there appears to be none on the computer, which in itself i find strange because there are 5 usb 2 ports on my computer... are these not hi speed? Actually, the driver did install once in normal mode when i switched usb connection from the usb ports round the back on the motherboard, to a usb port on a card reader thats on the front of the pc. But then sounds and audio devices decided that they couldn't find the edirol and asked me to reinstall the driver again. Then subsequently, guess what? ~CRASH-CITY~ Personally, i can't bare much more of this and am starting to feel like i've thrown my money away, which isn't very good really considering the one wealth i do have is my poverty. :(

Any help will be thankfully received...and i also have a question about AUX sends/returns that will have to wait until another post when i've recovered a little peice of my fragmented bwain O_o

Tom.
piaknowguy

Re: M-16DX Problems continued...

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Tom!
Also, i've notice when connecting the edirol to my pc with the usb cable, and the 'found new hardware' balloon pops up; there also appears a balloon telling me that this device would work better if it was connected to a hi speed usb port...

Is your USB cable a USB 2.0 cable? That may be an issue!

PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Pirates' done entirely on the Fantom X8

PiaKnow