Audio Cables

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
KRE8A

Audio Cables

Post by KRE8A »

I understand that / more lengthy the cable, the signals start to change the aspect of the frequency. I just wouldn't mind knowing the best brand to buy, to get the best clean signal / pass thru.
KRE8A

Re: Audio Cables

Post by KRE8A »

Did some re-search earlier and found that ASHTON CABLES are the go.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

I've never heard of Ashton. They seem to be a brand rather than mfg.

Although, in one of their pics it looks like they might use Mogami cable. Belden and Canare are also quality.

If you have the notion, make your own. You'll save some money and can be confident in your work, or at least you know who to blame if they sound like zzzzz. Neutrik or Switchcraft connectors FTW.

Too bad you're so bloody far, I'd hook you up with something better. Don't worry about filtering so much as RF shielding, I'm guessing your runs aren't going to be that long.
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

I got mixed up with Ashton Reference Monitor Cables. Excellent cables by the way.
Hosa dual on the other hand are very standard, and the difference of zzzzz wouldn't be really noticed in comparison to the worst, unless there is a faulty set up or product issue, something along those lines.
I think sometimes I get a bit to far fetched with myself, over exaggerating a subject, when it isn't necessary / d;?)