Sonar X1 Producer

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
dbijoux

Sonar X1 Producer

Post by dbijoux »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wFI3vjebf8

Looks like it's time for a serious upgrade. True console mixer with EQ, Compression, Saturation on every channel strip and a much more organized layout = win.

I'm not sure the mastering effects are a 'great' idea or not; doesn't Steinberg put that in Nuendo territory with more post-production/authoring. That said, including Dimension Pro sampler/synth seems interesting enough.
Patrick_

Re: Sonar X1 Producer

Post by Patrick_ »

My only gripe about Sonar 8.5 is that half the plug ins don't work with a 64 bit system. You have the option of installing both 32 bit and 64 bit(which I've done) but then that's just a bassackwards way of doing things. In order to use the 32 bit specific instruments/plugins, I have to freeze the track and then save the file then reopen it in 64 bit Sonar. As it stands the convolution reverb didn't work in a 64 bit environment, but the video doesn't say that this has been fixed or not. I am presuming that the upgrade to X1 puts the entirety of the program into the 64 bit domain? Before I even think about upgrading I want to know that up front.
On the other hand I am well aware that some DAWS haven't even approached 64 bit, and am willing to give Sonar some slack for innovation.

And of course I know that Art hates Cakewalk. But I hope he and his family had a happy holiday anyway!