VS880 turbostart

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
bobwainwright

VS880 turbostart

Post by bobwainwright »

i am looking for the turbostart video or dvd for the roland vs 880 expanded

i bought it recently and cant get it working at all, so please get in touch if you have a copy!!!

my email address is bobwainwright@hotmail.co.uk

cheers
EatYerWheeeteez

Re: VS880 turbostart

Post by EatYerWheeeteez »

I have the video and the VS880. I don't have a VCR and cant play it, and because I still have the VS880 I don't want to part with it. I tried to digitize it a few years ago but the crap thing I bought from Staples did a lousy job of recording from a VCR and I took it all back for a refund. The turbostart video was really horrible. It was done by some guy with long black hair who purportedly did something with a Michael Jackson video. He peaked at calling the VS880 a "really cool box" and it''s all downhill from there. The second one is the Video Owners Manual for the VS880 by David Wills and he did a better job but still could have been more in depth.
The VS880 is hooked up via SPDIF to my studio but I really use it as a glorified effects box, and not very often at that. It has 8 tracks in the digital domain, and I paid 2K for it so I'm not parting with it.
If you can recommend a VERY INEXPENSIVE way of making a digital copy of the video cassettes and assure me that I have the legal right to send you a copy of it I could do it but have no cash at the moment. Might not be till October or so, lots on my plate at the moment.
EatYerWheeeteez

Re: VS880 turbostart

Post by EatYerWheeeteez »

bobwainwright wrote:i am looking for the turbostart video or dvd for the roland vs 880 expanded

i bought it recently and cant get it working at all, so please get in touch if you have a copy!!!

my email address is bobwainwright@hotmail.co.uk

cheers
And for that matter what do you want to know? I have had my VS880 since 1996 or so and might be able to answer your questions.