I really screwed up my boss br 900!!!!!

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
chip hart

I really screwed up my boss br 900!!!!!

Post by chip hart »

Please anybody!! I was backing my song to my computer loading the Roland folder from the BR900 to my computer. somehow some files from the folder got deleted. I imediatly got a card read error when I tried to reboot my BR900. I somehow got my card to work again (dont know how) started recording a new project, recorded 4 tracks succesfuly then I couldn't get any signal on track 5. I went back to usb hopeing I could import the roland file that had files deleted from my computer back to the BR hopeing it would restore the unit. now all i get is card read error.I cant initinalize memory card because I cant get to the initializing screen. Did I realy screw my br900 up inside the unit or do I need a new memory card? Can someone help out there?
PauloF

Re: I really screwed up my boss br 900!!!!!

Post by PauloF »

Do you still have the original card that came with the unit?
If you do, try it to see if it's a BR fault or a card fault.

One moe thing... Are you able to read the card content on a pc? Did you format the card on the pc?
chip hart

Post by chip hart »

all is well!! Now this is a perfect example for all out there who get so consumed with these BR units. When your mind gets tired you need to shut down and take a break. For some reason I was recording trak 5 and there were no levels showing in my unit. I thought it wasn't recording when it was. To make a long story short. I once again got the card to initialise (wiped out all my work though) but everything is working once again. Thanks for helping you guys:)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

What was causing the problem? The track volume level when you change from tracks 1-4?
chip hart

Post by chip hart »

Thats my point. There wasn't a problem except my mind was so fatiqued I thought there was. so I screwed around trying to save my work to my laptop deleting some important roland files in the process ( which I got back) Anyway everything is up and running now WEW!!!