Can Button LED's Stay Lit on Roland Cakewalk A500 Pro?

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
2:43AM

Can Button LED's Stay Lit on Roland Cakewalk A500 Pro?

Post by 2:43AM »

I find this to be very disappointing with my Roland Cakewalk A500 Pro keyboard, but perhaps I am doing something wrong. I have successfully setup my ACT profile with Sonar X1c, and all of the transport buttons work. However, the buttons do not remain lit when "on, or in use." For example, I would think that when the PLAY button is pressed and Sonar begins playing, the PLAY button would remain lighted until paused (start flashing?). Makes sense right? Anyone have any input or advice?

Re: Can Button LED's Stay Lit on Roland Cakewalk A500 Pro?

Since I'm hearing crickets, I submitted this question directly to Roland support. We'll see what they say.

I got an answer back from Roland support, and the response unfortunately is "no, the buttons do not and cannot remain lit after being pressed."

I think this is shortsightedness on Roland's part. We all know people love lights on things. They're pretty and the can help tell you what's going on in front of you. For example, how much hair have we saved by having a MIDI receive light?!? Some of the other functional lights on the keyboard are too dim as well.

I know it may be a small gripe, but I find this disappointing. It really makes we want to hurry up and try the Novation SL MK II while I can still return the A500 Pro.
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

2:43AM wrote:…how much hair have we saved by having a MIDI receive light?!?…
Darn it! Why didn't anyone tell me about MIDI receive lights?