Duo-Capture Ex Line-in Input

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
St. Sixtus

Duo-Capture Ex Line-in Input

Post by St. Sixtus »

I'm trying to record the headphone out (-20dBu) of my guitar amp/cab sim (about 60 watts of power, pretty loud) with my Duo-Capture Ex. While some websites state that the Duo-Capture has Line level inputs, which I believe would be needed for this type of recording, the Roland website doesn't mention this. I've tried fiddling around with the settings and drivers, but can't find a way to bypass the pre-amps.

Any ideas if this is actually possible? Connection wise, I can use XLR/XLR, XLR/"1/4" or jack/jack. When I try to record now it just distorts like hell.
PauloF

Re: Duo-Capture Ex Line-in Input

Post by PauloF »

St. Sixtus wrote:I'm trying to record the headphone out (-20dBu) of my guitar amp/cab sim (about 60 watts of power, pretty loud) with my Duo-Capture Ex. While some websites state that the Duo-Capture has Line level inputs, which I believe would be needed for this type of recording, the Roland website doesn't mention this. I've tried fiddling around with the settings and drivers, but can't find a way to bypass the pre-amps.

Any ideas if this is actually possible? Connection wise, I can use XLR/XLR, XLR/"1/4" or jack/jack. When I try to record now it just distorts like hell.
Yes, you can connect your guitar directly to the Duo-capture Input (adjust it to Hi-Z) and record on your DAW.
In fact the Due-Capture EX inputs are multi purpose, capable of a high range of signals like: INPUT 1, 2 (XLR type): -60 to -12 dBu INPUT 1, 2 (1/4-inch TRS phone type): -46 to +2 dBu

see the following Roland video in English, that presents the main features, where you can see all it is capable of.