VS 700 with SONAR X2

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Macska

VS 700 with SONAR X2

Post by Macska »

Hello, New to this forum, hope I'm posting in the right place.

Does the VS 700 work close to flawlessly with Sonar X2?

I really like the idea of having a Roland control surface to use with Roland related products. In the past I've exhausted myself getting a variety of products to work together the way I want and I'm pretty sick of that by now. I'm assuming that if I get products that were built by the same company, they should be pretty simple to link together? I've always loved the roland gear I've owned as well.

I read a few problems online, but couldn't find a ton of info regarding how well this works. The best I found was that in March there was discussion that CW was working on fixing the problems with the 700.

Does anyone use these together? While I'm on the topic of X2, how's the use of the Integra with it? Could I use an Integra much like the vs 700 package's fantom VSTi works in the DAW?

Thanks a ton for the help, and any other tips on setting up a mostly Roland home studio are much appreciated!
Macska

Re: VS 700 with SONAR X2

Post by Macska »

Running Windows 8 by the way, if there's anything I should be aware of with that.
Macska

Post by Macska »

Now with the research I've done since posting I figure it would be good to add the question "What is the best control surface for use with Sonar X2?"
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Macska wrote:Hello, New to this forum, hope I'm posting in the right place.

Does the VS 700 work close to flawlessly with Sonar X2?

I really like the idea of having a Roland control surface to use with Roland related products. In the past I've exhausted myself getting a variety of products to work together the way I want and I'm pretty sick of that by now. I'm assuming that if I get products that were built by the same company, they should be pretty simple to link together? I've always loved the roland gear I've owned as well.

I read a few problems online, but couldn't find a ton of info regarding how well this works. The best I found was that in March there was discussion that CW was working on fixing the problems with the 700.

Does anyone use these together? While I'm on the topic of X2, how's the use of the Integra with it? Could I use an Integra much like the vs 700 package's fantom VSTi works in the DAW?

Thanks a ton for the help, and any other tips on setting up a mostly Roland home studio are much appreciated!
Unfortunately I'm not the right one to answer about the VS-700 as I don't know it well enough but in what respects the integra with X2, I can.

You can't use it as a VSTi in the X2 DAW, as there is no support for Windows. We are still waiting for Roland to come with an official Windows Editor (Standalone and VSTi).

The only VSTi support at the moment is for MAC and yet very limited in functionality.
Macska

Post by Macska »

Just a heads up for anyone looking, I upgraded to Sonar X3 and it works BETTER with the VS-700 console than it ever did with Sonar 8.5.

The only problem was with the Fantom VS, and I am going to create another thread for reference because it is a common problem to address it.