Br-864 Card Reader Dead HELP!

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
scarvelli

Br-864 Card Reader Dead HELP!

Post by scarvelli »

I have a Br 864 and the Card reader is Mangled:( Anyone Know of a Fix or can A external card reader be connected to the Br 864 usb port so the machine can be used/function?
PauloF

Re: Br-864 Card Reader Dead HELP!

Post by PauloF »

scarvelli wrote:I have a Br 864 and the Card reader is Mangled:( Anyone Know of a Fix or can A external card reader be connected to the Br 864 usb port so the machine can be used/function?

No, the USB can't be used for Recording nor Playing. It can only be used to Backup your Memory CARD or to RESTORE the memory CARD info backed up previously.

For the BR-864 normal operation you need a working Memory CARD and the respective internal reader.

Are you sure it's not a faulty card? did you try with other CF Cards ?
64Guitars

Re: Br-864 Card Reader Dead HELP!

Post by 64Guitars »

scarvelli wrote:I have a Br 864 and the Card reader is Mangled
I assume you mean that one or more of the pins are bent or broken. If pins are bent, you can try to straighten them. But be careful as the metal may be fatigued and further bending could snap the pin off. If you have broken pins, then you should take the BR-864 to a reputable electronics repair shop and have the CompactFlash connector replaced.

Sometimes dust and other foreign matter can get into the card slot, preventing the pins from making contact. Try blowing into the slot and/or tipping the BR-864 on its side and tapping the case to dislodge any foreign matter from the slot.