Octacapture with iPad?

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
tophski

Octacapture with iPad?

Post by tophski »

I have an iPad and want to try and use it for something useful like recording. I also have an octacapture that I'd like to use with it if possible...anyone have this setup working? Is it even possible?
Thanks,
Chris
Macska

Re: Octacapture with iPad?

Post by Macska »

It's worth a try. I know the Ipad now has support for most usb devices.

I do see one problem though, and that is Drivers. It may not work because there is no way to install its drivers to the ipad.

I'm interested to know this. I have a Sonar VS-700R and will plug it in and report back if it works or not.
brianmauter

Post by brianmauter »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got a QuadCapture (UA55). I was really hoping to connect it to my iPad Air. I even purchased the lightning camera connector at the same time as the QuadCapture. I tried it without a powered hub, and no go. I tried it with an old powered hub and still no go.

Could it be the USB hub, or is this just not going to happen?

Thanks,
-Brian
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

brianmauter wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just got a QuadCapture (UA55). I was really hoping to connect it to my iPad Air. I even purchased the lightning camera connector at the same time as the QuadCapture. I tried it without a powered hub, and no go. I tried it with an old powered hub and still no go.

Could it be the USB hub, or is this just not going to happen?

Thanks,
-Brian
Maybe I'm not following what you want to do, but as far as I'm aware there is no Roland UA-55 App for iPad.

What are you trying to do exactly?