Edirol PCR-300 PCR series won't install. Please help.

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
synapticflow

Edirol PCR-300 PCR series won't install. Please help.

Post by synapticflow »

So I just bought an Edirol PCR-300 and feel like the world's biggest fool for doing so.

This keyboard will not install on my Windows 7/64 bit computer no matter what I do. I found WIn 7/64 bit drivers on the Roland/Edirol website and thought "Well it obviously works with Windows 7."

But heck no! :( All it does is a "failed install/uninstall failed install/restart computer loop.
I tried to install it about fifteen times this way. I also tried to install it from the device manager/driver update and pointing it to the driver folder. That method would give the error "drivers found but access denied"

I have the Windows 7 user control off. I even turned off the thing that looks for digitally signed drivers and still I couldn't install the PCR-300.

After I would say thirty something attempts, my computer got corrupted and wouldn't show anything but a black screen. It took me a day to get the computer working right again. I had run a program to look for any registry errors between these install attempts, so I was surprised that the computer got messed up.

This is ridiculous and shouldn't be this hard. I'm not going to be able to return this keyboard, so it's literally about to become a target for shooting practice unless I can find someone still using Windows XP to sell it to.
And that's highly unlikely.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks for reading.

Brian
synapticflow

Re: Edirol PCR-300 PCR series won't install. Please help.

Post by synapticflow »

BUMP: Still looking for help.
lipi

Re: Edirol PCR-300 PCR series won't install. Please help.

Post by lipi »

Hi!

The error message "drivers found but access denied" hint that, you may have run the installer with administrator privileges.
Press right mouse button on the installer exe and choose the "Run as administrator" or someone similar...