GP-8 Guitar processor editor for Windows 10

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
Hobbe51

GP-8 Guitar processor editor for Windows 10

Post by Hobbe51 »

Hi all!

I have an old Roland GP-8 guitar processor that I find a little hard to edit. So, I wrote a Windows 10 store program for it, and decided to give it away for free. It is available at Windows 10 store. Just search for GP-8 and you will find my Roland GP-8 editor by MrMartin.

Hope you like it, and hope you answer to this thread if you find any bugs.
Rashtad

Re: GP-8 Guitar processor editor for Windows 10

Post by Rashtad »

Hi Hobbe!

I quite a total newbie in the MIDI world and I would like to ask you few questions on the GP-8. First of all, thanks! Editing manually the GP-8 is quite a pain.
Second of all: I have downloaded your app and opened it. It says that I don't have a MIDI device for input and output. I own a midi keyboard (Novation Impulse), could I use that for connecting my PC to the GP-8?
Finally, I have bought a FCB1010 pedal controller and I would like to use (if possible) both the expression pedals it has for controlling master volume and another parameter (I guess the EV-5 pedal parameter) in the choosen patch. Do you know which CC# should I put in my pedal for controlling them? Or, in general, have you got any suggestion about it?

Thank you so much in advance far any help you could provide!

Alessandro
Ben590

Re: GP-8 Guitar processor editor for Windows 10

Post by Ben590 »

Hello,

how do you set up de GP8, i got a message that my gp8 is not connected, but it is plug by an usb midi interface

Thank You