Roland UA1610 Studio Capture(Quad or Octo Capture)

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
KevT89

Roland UA1610 Studio Capture(Quad or Octo Capture)

Post by KevT89 »

Hi,

Any kind UA1610 Studio Capture / Quad Capture or Octo Capture users out there who could answer a question that's puzzling me please?

I recently bought a Studio Capture and am very pleased with the results. When I'm setting up microphones and using the Auto Sens facility I ask the vocalist/s to sing along with the DAW tracks via headphones. At the point where I press the Auto Sens button on the UA1610 (to optimize the mic pre-amps) the audio in the headphones is cut off! (no vocals - no DAW music). Audio returns when the Auto Sens completes ?? I asked Roland customer services who confirmed (in one sentence) that that is the expected result with A S but did not elaborate why. I followed up their email with further questions but have received no response so far.

Do other UA1610 studio capture users ( or quad or octo captures which also have Auto Sens) have the same thing happen (loss of audio during Auto Sens process)?
When doing the A S the vocalist/s invariably stop singing (thinking I've turned off the DAW and mic/s which to me defeats the object of the Auto Sens as the unit then has no signal to analyse?? So how is it supposed to set the pre-amp levels? Even asking the vocalist to keep singing through the silence doesn't work as their singing falters when they can no longer hear the audio.

Can some kind person confirm that this happens with all Capture units and how they work around this situation please. If I'm doing something wrong when Auto Sensing (not unheard of!) could you please tell me where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks for any replies

Kev.