VS-2480 Inputs are nearly dead.

Multitrack recorders, controllers, and other studio equipment
AC4AQ

VS-2480 Inputs are nearly dead.

Post by AC4AQ »

Does anyone have experience troubleshooting the VS-2480? I am looking for the fault in a VS-2480 that has no sound from any input, no bars indicating level appear in the ANALOG INPUT window, but when I plug a signal source to Analog Input 1 (either TRS or XLR) the 1 changes to a light figure on a dark background, indicating signal present. (Same for all input channels.)
Prior to this, the unit wouldn't boot, about 3/4 of the way through the boot process it stops, with the Enter/Yes and Exit/No keys flashing, pressing Enter/Yes allowed the boot sequence to complete, but no sound as described above. I found the CR2032 memory battery to be dead, I replaced it, found that it booted up, sound and indicators good, thought it was ready for action. However, after about an hour, the sound went away, it still boots up correctly but no level indications as above.
If anyone has seen this symptom in a VS-2480, please share what you've learned. It sounds like a software issue related to the memory battery. Thanks, Jeff
AC4AQ

Re: VS-2480 Inputs are nearly dead.

Post by AC4AQ »

After returning to this today I found the BIST has something to offer. The DSP Net Check fails, running the DSP Check gives Code=111 for DSP IC0 through IC7, the VS8F2-A gives Code=001 and TI DSP is Code=001. So, what is inhibiting the DSP operation? 3.3 VDC is OK, though it has nearly a half-volt of ripple and noise. The quest goes on...
j.coelho62

Re: VS-2480 Inputs are nearly dead.

Post by j.coelho62 »

Hi have check the smd cap in the main board and esr it is very high.
i will recap it and will report the result