SH-201 owner's manual investigations

Forum for SH-201
Artemiy
Site Admin

SH-201 owner's manual investigations

Post by Artemiy »

Hey all!

Just wanted to let you know that the SH-201's manual states that it's not only possible to route an external signal to the audio filter, but you can also use it as an OSC. This means you can tweak it with LFO'ed filter, and mute/unmute it with the keyboard. Also, this should be checked, but if the OSC2 in this mode will work, you can ring-modulate the audio with it which would be much more interesting considering the possible LFO pitch modulation of OSC2.
Khazul

Re: SH-201 owner's manual investigations

Post by Khazul »

I thought the 201 was just a severely crippled v-synth va engine?

Basically take the v-snths VA, loose the per block envelopea and LFO and other useful stuff, strip the mod options to the minimum, keep the oscilator types (ext and va) and away up go :)

Actually - the 201 would have been interesting if it had the various 303 sim coe in it ;)
anti_pulse

Re: SH-201 owner's manual investigations

Post by anti_pulse »

So- this may be OT, but my buddy is teetering between getting an sh-201 and a jp8000, they are both around the same price, but he's torn. I personally think he should go with jp (it just seems more usable to me, is there any advanteges to the sh? There isn't a whole lot of info in the roland site besides saying that it's "great fun".

http://www.myspace.com/11505663