SH-201 - i already want one!

Forum for SH-201
apomixis

SH-201 - i already want one!

Post by apomixis »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I have seen the advertisements for the new SH-201, read the manual, and watched the demos. (Roland where are the audio demos??)

So far I am really interested. The SH-201 already has me sold on all its features, but I'm still hoping it sounds good. Everyone is saying that it is identical to the VA section on the V-Synth? Is this true? If so, how is the VA on the V-Synth? I have heard mixed reviews about it, good and bad. How do the sounds compare to something like the Ion? Will the SH-201 be capable of doing everything?-like leads,pads,basses,electronic percussion?

Things I really like:
-easy UI
-no menus
-8 phrase sequencer, for laying down some ideas to later record in DAW
-computer interface / compatibility
-the only 3 effects i need (reverb, delay, distortion)

These things really make a difference to me, and even if the sound is not as good as the Ion, I will probably still buy the SH-201. (but i hope it is better!)

What do you guys think?!
gilesjuk

Re: SH-201 - i already want one!

Post by gilesjuk »

If you want a VA there's tons of choice. V-synth is more than that.
Still Learning

Post by Still Learning »

I have a severe case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) for the SH-201. There is a guy over at Harmony Central that just got one and he has posted pictures, sound files, and lots of other stuff on the SH-201. Have a listen to the Tom Sawyer demo and I'll bet a lot of you guys are going to want one of these $600.00US synths also. http://acapella.harmony-central.com/for ... genumber=1

---------------------------
Learning to play like Sponge Bob !
MuzikB

Post by MuzikB »

I already have one. :D

I like it a lot. A very refreshing synth to use.

Not everyone understands House Music...........