Another sh201 midi problem

Forum for SH-201
paradox1509

Another sh201 midi problem

Post by paradox1509 »

lo peeps

I know this is probably my basic knowledge again...

when i select a patch on the synth itself it doesnt change in the editor, also when i switch between upper and lower it does the same thing, all the transmit switches are on.

thx.. paradox
ewanh

Help ya if i can

Post by ewanh »

Only got 201 yesterday - like the editor - very coool!

erm - you've got some buttons at top of graphic interface read write sync - select which sound you are wanting to edit on the 201 - make sure that panel is displayed on the editor and click read - that will then read all the info from your 201 and dump it into the editor. Then if you click sync, any changes you make on computer will be affected on 201.

Hope this helps!
paradox1509

Re: Another sh201 midi problem

Post by paradox1509 »

sorry mate maybe i should explain myself better, I want to be able to change anything on the sh 201 from a tactile point of view and for it to show up immediately in the editor, as it stands at the moment when i change a preset on the synth itself it does not change in the software editor. I basically then have to press read on the editor for that change to be registered. Knob movements are fine they are real time as you would expect also button presses i.e overdrive on/off etc.. although switching between upper and lower has the same effect as preset change. Thanks for your help with this..

paradox
Igglethorpe

Post by Igglethorpe »

Paradox,

I've not been able to change patches and have it update automatically on the computer editor. I have, however been able to adjust knobs on the keyboard while having the software editor update my movements in realtime.

To do so, you will need to turn on Edit Data:

Hold down the CANCEL button and
press the TAP button

Press the PRESET button and then press
the BANK C button

Press the NUMBER button 7

Lit: Edit Data is on
Dark: Edit Data is off

----------------------------------
Fantom X-8 (2.10) 512MB
V-Synth XT (2.02)
SH-201
paradox1509

Post by paradox1509 »

Same here i have buttons 3,4,5,6,7,8 all on, maybe this is something roland need to look at for a future update. This can cause confusion when your flicking between presets etc, remembering to press read...
Thanks for your help
paradox