SH-201 MIDI setup in cubase 4 please help newbie

Forum for SH-201
pirubeat_

SH-201 MIDI setup in cubase 4 please help newbie

Post by pirubeat_ »

I recently bought cubase 4 and am having alot of trouble setting up my sh-201 through Midi. Am a newbie to this and if any1 can take me step by step through the process I would really really appreciate it. Have read through the manuals and online and can't seem to get it. Please help me?
Tom T

Re: SH-201 MIDI setup in cubase 4 please help newbie

Post by Tom T »

Suggestion not what you want to hear but;

Return Cubase and Get Sonar. Better support which you will need in the long run
pirubeat_

still need help

Post by pirubeat_ »

would rather stick with cubase but seriously do you know any1 that can help me.
Tony Vibe

Re: SH-201 MIDI setup in cubase 4 please help newbie

Post by Tony Vibe »

mate im using one with Live V.7 & its a pain in the arse. You have to have two channels, 1 audio & 1 midi, the vst is just an editor with no sounds, so u have to use the audio outputs on the back es & run them to your audio inputs in your soundcard.

What i find really annoying about this is when i select another channel & the roland plays over the top of it, you have to turn the master volume on the roland down.

I think thats right, im still sussing mine out, also dnt 4get to turn your local off, cancel>tab, select bank b i think it is, its in the manual then press no2 if the lights on that means locals on, u want light off so press no 2, then press cancel to save.

I am currently having a timing delay problem with mine, ie if i write a midi bassline using it, it sounds out of sync.

Any ideas?

Hope this helps as ive only had mine 3 weeks & i feel like sticking it on ebay tbh..