Pitch Mod Depth for Pitch Bender?

Forum for SH-201
rbarkhouse

Pitch Mod Depth for Pitch Bender?

Post by rbarkhouse »

Hey guys, just picked up this little baddie on Friday and am really liking it :D It seems like there is no way to change the amount of pitch modulation that you get when you push up on the pitch bender, anyone know if there is some way to change it or is it stuck at that fixed amount?
zedius

Re: Pitch Mod Depth for Pitch Bender?

Post by zedius »

It's in the manual, along with how to change the mod destination, set midi channel, and all the other tons of stuff you need to read the manual for on this one.

There's a lot of button combos in this synth, because it has no menu screen.
rbarkhouse

Post by rbarkhouse »

Ok I've scoured the manual, can find ways to change what gets modulated when I push up, and which of the upper/lower tones receive modulation messages, but there seems to be no way to modify the depth, it's hard wired :(
zedius

Post by zedius »

Oh, sorry man I was a bit confused. I thought you meant the x axis pitch bend. The mod depth is controlled by lfo 2 depth, I believe. I'm pretty sure LFO2 is what the mod affects the depth of, so I'd imagine the depth setting on that would be the maximum range. I'd hope, at least. I'm not near my synth so I can't confirm.
rbarkhouse

Post by rbarkhouse »

Nada :( The Depth on LFO2 is only applicable to whatever you have Destination 2 set to. Too bad, wish they would have included mod lever depth as a parameter you could edit.
Xpander

Post by Xpander »

I found that very odd too, that there is no parameter controlling the modulation.