Looking for help with SPLIT

Forum for SH-201
Philidor Priestman

Looking for help with SPLIT

Post by Philidor Priestman »

Just got my SH-201. First synth, having great fun. Owner's Manual seems well laid out and pitched just right for a newbie like me. BUT, I just can't seem to get my head round splitting the keyboard to get two different sounds at the same time. I have read the Manual but seem to be missing something. Am sure it is staring me in the face but would be grateful if someone could point out the obvious to me; how do I set Lower to one preset and Upper to another so that when the Dual/Split light is flashing I have first preset on my left hand and second preset on my right.

Thanks
zedius

Re: Looking for help with SPLIT

Post by zedius »

Afraid it can't be done like that. The preset you want to assign to upper and the preset you want to assign to lower both have an upper and a lower section themselves.

You can program the upper and lower sections so they sound similar to the presets you want, or you can go into the software and copy and paste just the upper or lower from a preset and just the upper or lower from another.
Philidor Priestman

Post by Philidor Priestman »

Ah!
That makes sense now. Thanks
richpace

Copy a patch

Post by richpace »

How do you copy and paste a patch?
richpace

Copy a patch

Post by richpace »

How do you copy and paste a patch?
Jpk1962

Post by Jpk1962 »

Try Librarian. There is where you store your patches.
Hope this helps.
Re-Member

Post by Re-Member »

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to copy just the lower or upper part of a patch onto another, only the patch in it's entirety.