SH 201 Patches: Questions for users

Forum for SH-201
Vco8

SH 201 Patches: Questions for users

Post by Vco8 »

Hello,

I’m considering proposing sound banks commercially available.

Do you considering a single sound bank of 32 sounds interesting enough to buy or are you waiting a minimum quantity of sounds to buy it? How much it has to be? Bank with 128 sounds, 4x32?

Which file format seems to be more useful for you?
Complete sounds bank or single sound to upload with the editor?

What sort of sounds organizations are the most convenient: Merged bank or categorized?
Are banks with only one sort of sound interesting? For example bass sounds only?

Do you prefer useful, simple sound to use in songs or complex sequences or both?
What types of sounds are you looking for?
What minimum numbers of sounds, a bank should have for you?

All suggestions are welcome. Thank you for time. It will help me greatly.
dumeril7

Re: SH 201 Patches: Questions for users

Post by dumeril7 »

I would buy a bank of 32 patches minimum. Any less I probably wouldn't consider worth my time. But I would prefer to buy in larger quantities. 4x32 seems pretty ideal.

I'd prefer complete sound banks because I will use the the librarian to rearrange things anyway, and its easy to audition individual patches in the librarian.

I would strongly prefer categorized organization. Most of the time, when I need a sound, I search for the closest match, then I tweak it to work in the song. So categories would help me limit my search to more viable candidates. If you do go with merged banks, then at least organize the patches in the bank so that similar patches are grouped together.

Right now, I'm mainly using the 201 to cover analog synth type sounds in a classic rock tribute band. Its used with a VR-760 that covers organ, piano and other types of realistic instrument sounds. However, for my own recordings I use the 201 in all sorts of material from straight-up rock/pop songs to film score sounding stuff. So its a large range.

But for me the 201 will always specialize in analog synth type stuff. I'm not interested in patches that are realistic emulations of actual instruments. I have other instruments to cover that and the 201 is not very good at it anyway. I'm mostly interested in synth-sounding leads, pads and basses.

D7
Vco8

Post by Vco8 »

D7,

Thank you to have take time to answer to my questions. I will take in count your observation. Sounds will have an analog orientation.
It seems to me library have to be 128 sounds.
a categorised organisation is a strong point too. Being bank of one style or maybe sounds proposed by folder.

Vco8
Vco8

Post by Vco8 »

Hello dumeril7,

I would to contact you privately.

My email is : sweetohm@free.fr

Best Regards,
Nutrient

Post by Nutrient »

Check my patches at this forum! For free)