SH-201 Editor Plug in Pro Tools 7?

Forum for SH-201
southpaw

SH-201 Editor Plug in Pro Tools 7?

Post by southpaw »

Hey, so I got the 201 and I LOVE it, my first foray into true synthesis- but here's my issue- I need to be able to access the extra capabilities via the plug-in, but it seems to be the only plug that wont show up via the VST to RTAS adapter (FXpansion). Does anyone else use this method of accessing the plug-in, or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Love the SH-201!!
southpaw

Re: SH-201 Editor Plug in Pro Tools 7?

Post by southpaw »

So, uh, no one uses the SH-201 with Pro Tools? Any help would be appreciated..!
Re-Member

Post by Re-Member »

You can always just open the editor in it's own window, separate from Pro-Tools. Having the editor set up as a VST option in your DAW doesn't give you any extra features, it's more for convenience. Since the editor only sends/receives MIDI data, I doubt it would eat up much processing ram in a window of it's own.
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

Thanks so much for your reply- so I can have them both open, & it wouldn't conflict with Pro Tools' control of the SH-201, such as tempo etc (for the arpeggiator)? That would be great.. I'll have to give it a try. No idea why that's the only plug-in VST to RTAS won't allow me to access in Pro Tools- and no one on fXpansion's forums seems to have a clue either.

Thanks Re-Member.. I'll be back with the results!
dumeril7

Post by dumeril7 »

I seem to remember reading that you may have to move the plug-in files to a location where the host app will find them. I think its described in the HTML manual that came with the software....

D7
azuero80

Post by azuero80 »

Hi, I found this forum because I aim trying to sync my dh-201 to a song in my protools at 108 bpm.
It seems to be that the arppegio is to fast and I could't sync it yet.
If anyone of you guys can help me for solve this problem will be so helpful to me!

thx!