SH-201 within Logic Express

Forum for SH-201
flanchez

SH-201 within Logic Express

Post by flanchez »

Hi,

I'm running my SH-201 via usb to my mac and using Logic Express 8 as my DAW. I've set the core audio to SH-201 so that I listen to my track thru my headphones connected to the back of the SH-201. I've got a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to have more than 1 instance of the SH-201 in LE8? If i record a bass line using a bass preset, then record a melody using a different preset, when i play everything back the bassline that i recorded first now plays back with the preset I used for the melody. How do I get around this?

2. If I don't set the Core Audio to SH-201 but use the 'Built in-Input' setting the SH-201 doesn't come thru my mac soundcard. I get the editor doesn't generate any sound, but I would have thought that when the SH-201 was turned on you would have been able to hear it via the mac soundcard.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: SH-201 within Logic Express

Post by Artemiy »

1. The SH-201 has only one part with two patches (lower and upper). So you can only get one part with it at the same time. The solution is, after you recorded the MIDI track, to record it into an audio track. Then you mute this MIDI track and record another one, and another one, and so on. This way, you can have as many parts recorded with the SH-201 as you wish.

2. You need to create an audio track and specify the SH-201 as the input source.