SH-201 Sync to midi clock and external controller issue

Forum for SH-201
Synthmusician

SH-201 Sync to midi clock and external controller issue

Post by Synthmusician »

OK I'm I've got this weird issue with the SH-201, I have a very large setup and I want to use my main controller keyboard to play the instrument sometimes. I've gone through the manual and have figured out you must turn on receive midi from an external controller. That's ok, BUT I IF i set the unit to sync to midi clock I cannot get the arp to sync while using the external controller. It will play the notes I'm playing but the sequencer will not chase midi. I can see the tempo light clocking to midi clock in but it will not play the arp sequence. If I turn off receive from external keyboard and play it from the SH-201's keyboard it will sync to midi clock just fine. The problem is I have the 201 setup like a module instead of a controller for now. If this is normal it's really stupid. Or maybe I'm missing something. Oh and I've tried both MIDI and USB. I'm using Cubase SX 3 for the sequencer. I have Music Studio 4 as well both do the same thing.

Anyone
Thanks
Mark
www.synthmusician.com
Zylfrax791

Re: SH-201 Sync to midi clock and external controller issue

Post by Zylfrax791 »

Since both software programs do it then its probably just a latency issue with your hardware is my guess...