Genius required! - SH-201 Unable to read/write problem...

Forum for SH-201
B-B

Genius required! - SH-201 Unable to read/write problem...

Post by B-B »

Hi all!

Having baught my new SH-201 and taken a while getting it configured with my system (Mac pro 4-core with logic 8) I am having problems getting the SH-201 and editor / library to synchronize with each other. I have scoured the internet and this forum and found a few ppl with similar problems and I have tried many of them including:

-Upgrading OXS Logic 8 and all drivers for the SH-201 to the latest versions.
-Setting output of SH-201 to SH-201 within the editor and library.
-Setting input / output in system settings to SH-201.
-Re installing all drivers for SH-201.
-Using a different USB cable and fiddling with the USB cable to make sure it is connected properly to the synth.
-Re- setting synth to factory settings.

in section 7 of the manual it indicates in cases such as the following, the display may indicate "Unable to read/write data."

* When the SH-201 and the computer are not connected properly
* When a large number of notes are being sounded
* When playbacking/recording with the recorder
* When SH-201 Editor and SH-201 Librarian simultaneously attempt to read (or write) data

Well I have tried 2 USB cables and fiddleing with both.
I don't think there are large number of notes being played.
I am not playbacking / recording.
I only have one instance of the editor running.

Other details to note:
-The SH-201 will act as a controller for the software editor, ie as i change a slider on the synth i see the editor reflecting this.
-Sometimes it will aparently randomly synchronize with the software but when i ask it do read / write / sync from the editor it gives me the above error.
-When i start logic it gives me the error.
-Apart from this it is working fine. ie i can use it as a midi controller / control it from a logic track and can stream audio from it into a logic audio track.
-I have it set up in logic as an agregated device as my main audio interface is a Mackie Onyx connected to monitors.
-Same error occurs when trying to read / write from the library.

Any genius out there with some ideas?? I'm getting pretty dry of ideas and am having increasing temptations to blow up my SH. Your help is MASSIVELY appreciated! ;)

Thanks in advance!!
Best wishes, B-B