Using MIDI for the editor

Forum for SH-201
graywoulf

Using MIDI for the editor

Post by graywoulf »

OK, I'll admit first off that I'm a noob at this but I am not technically challenged. Am I right in thinking that using the editor is impossible without a MIDI connection? And if a MIDI connection is necessary, can I use one of those MIDI to USB connectors or do I need something like an Audigy 2 sound card? \

I also would be grateful if someone could direct me to information (on a noob scale) on setting up and using a MIDI connection.

Thanks in advance for any and ALL help guys!!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Using MIDI for the editor

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, to edit the patches you'd need a MIDI connection with the synth, you can't use the editor on the data files. You can use the USB cable to connect to the 201, though, as it supports USB MIDI.
khymbo

Re: Using MIDI for the editor

Post by khymbo »

Hi,
hello everybody, it's the first time I've been logged to this forum, it seems to be a great way to change informations and solving problems. Sorry for my english but is not my mother language...
I'm a roland user since many years, I'm not very experienced with the midi cpnnections and i'm trying to use the sh201's editor, connecting the sh201 to the computer with the usb cable, I would like to edit the arpeggiator but everytime I try to do something it reply that midi devices are'nt set-up correctly.
than I'm trying to open the windows from the set-up and a windows with 4 selection is shown. SH201 INPUT/PUTPUT THROUGH INPUT/OUTPUT
in the output I'v selected SW microsoft GS waves, but as input there is only (none). I'm stock to this and I cannot go on.
can somebody help me?