Using headphones and an amp...for tempo/volume/other things

Forum for SH-201
den3ny

Using headphones and an amp...for tempo/volume/other things

Post by den3ny »

I'm fairly new to the SH-201, and I have a fairly specific question:

Is there a way to have the output of the SH-201 go to both headphones and an amp? I am looking to be able to set a tempo to a song before i start playing, play along with the arpeggiator sequence on my headphones while nothing is coming out of the speakers, and then turn it up on the amp when i want to (without going up to the amp and turning the knob for the volume on the keyboard).

So basically, i want to know if there is someway to control, individually, the headphone volume and the amp volume seperately (or just the amp volume, while the headphone levels stay the same). Any help in regards to this question is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Using headphones and an amp...for tempo/volume/other thi

Post by Artemiy »

There is no way to control the level of the headphone output and line output, so you will need at least a small mixer with a couple channels, something like this or even more simple:
http://www.newworldproaudio.com/assets/images/mixers-un...
den3ny

Re: Using headphones and an amp...for tempo/volume/other thi

Post by den3ny »

So, to make things easier, could I just hook up a volume pedal between the output of the sh-201 and the amp, and keep the headphones directly into the sh-201 (so that i would always hear what the keyboard is playing myself, but still able to control how much everyone else can hear?)