Windows 7

Forum for SH-201
In Chains

Windows 7

Post by In Chains »

I read that the SH-201 has no Windows 7 driver but what exactly does this entail? Does it mean the disc and software library won't work? Can I still plug the system via USB and use it on another programme like Cubase/Reason/FL etc?

And when can we expect a Windows 7 driver? I am getting pretty worried now because the Christmas that's on the way for me is a Windows 7 laptop and the SH201!

EDIT : Can I at least get sound from the machine via my laptop speakers if I hook it up?
franko

Re: Windows 7

Post by franko »

because the sh201 was designed as few years ago, it wasn't released with a driver compatible with an OS that hadn't been released at that time. I heard Roland have announced that the windows7 driver will be released soon though, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long! Of course, you can always do it the old fashioned way and just plug it's output into the line-in/mic on your laptop and record the analogue signal.
redshift

Re: Windows 7

Post by redshift »

Hi
I installed the Vista drivers and the editor in an old laptop running Windows 7 and it is working fine.