CS-80 Sounds For the SH-201

Forum for SH-201
Jupiter8fan

CS-80 Sounds For the SH-201

Post by Jupiter8fan »

Hello fellow SH-201 users,
I have (after many hours) created some very convincing (Well in my opinion anyway) Vangelis style Yamaha CS-80 sounds. I know its impossible to get the analog richness of the CS-80, but after hours and literally countless hours of tiny adjustments I have created a brass pad, that has many of the nuances in the sound and the natural detuning effect that made the CS-80 great. If there is any interest I am happy to document how to create this sound. So far I have a bank dedicated to my "emulation", the patch names are as follows, Lead Brass, Warm Strings, Ring Mod lead, Portamento Strings, Electric piano, Poly Brass, Dual Brass, and a motion bass (similar to pulstar).
If there is enough interest I am happy to share this, I cannot offer the files to download, as I am unlucky enough to be running Vista 64bit.
Cheers to all you fellow Roland Users,
Jupiter8fan
dani1400zx

Re: CS-80 Sounds For the SH-201

Post by dani1400zx »

Hello, I´m interested on your CS-80 patches. I´ve tried to do mines but they are not very good. I know that reply exact nuances of some sounds are very tedious.
Thank you.

P.S.: here you can download some of my patches --> http://www.hispasonic.com/comunidad/download/file.php?i...