midi feature

Forum for SH-201
Socratez

midi feature

Post by Socratez »

Hello,

I am trying to get more sourds out of my SH201, and have recently been condidering using midi. I have seen demos of mid-keyboards that use software to create sounds... (i.e. to get a piano, or techno sounds) from software.

Being a total newb with this, is there any software that you guys could suggest trying? I also use ableton a lot (for creating music, but, have never done much with midi - other than using midi maps to control ableton with an apc40, etc).

Thanks guy, any pointers are greatly appriciated.

Richard
smokebeast

Re: midi feature

Post by smokebeast »

Hiya Richard

Are you talking about soft synths, which run in your DAW?

If you are then there are allot of free ones on KVR and Computer Music DVD's.

I use Logic for my DAW so i tend to use the EX24 sampler in that for sampled instruments such as pianos etc.

What version of Ableton are you using? If you have the studio package then you can use Operator which is a soft synth or Sampler which is Abletons soft synth sampler which would be able to generate sounds of live instruments.

I've only just got my SH-201 so i'm still working out new sounds to use, but when i go to write something i will use my 201 to produce sounds and will record the midi and audio of that patch so i can edit it, if i need to. Then i will also use the 201 as a midi contoller to record midi to play my other soft synths on my DAW

Hope that helps