SH-201 and Cubase 5 Compatibility Problem in MAC 10.5.8

Forum for SH-201
Veloso

SH-201 and Cubase 5 Compatibility Problem in MAC 10.5.8

Post by Veloso »

Greetings,

I have a sh-201 and i have used it in windows for over a year with no problems, now i have been using Intel MAC for the last 3 months and here is the problem:

I bought cubase 5 and installed the roland sh-201 driver in my mac, next i have installed the editor, configured midi settings in mac and everything went perfect, i open the stand alone version of the editor and i get sounds the editor layout works perfectly but when i open the editor in cubase the editor layout becomes grey with nothing on it and most of the times i hear a error sound from my speakers, i have tried to ask roland support for help and they are even more stupid then me, i don't understand what the problem is and for 3 months i cant use the synth.

What an expensive midi controller don't you think?

System:
Mac OSX 10.5.8 (8core)
Genuine Cubase 5 with the latest update
Roland SH-201 driver for mac OSX 10.5.8
Editor 1.10

Please someone help me because i don't no what to do more!

Thank You :)
Deep79

Re: SH-201 and Cubase 5 Compatibility Problem in MAC 10.5.8

Post by Deep79 »

i have the same problem with my pc, cubase5 and sh-201.....

editor vst plugin works perfectly in my cubase sx3 without any problem, but if I open it in cubase5 this does not work well ... does not change the sounds in the patch browser, does not make me click on certain parameters (buttons) ...

i don't know what to do!
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

hello i bought the roland Sh201 yesterday and im facing the same problem in cubase 5 ... the editor is not working well at all and it surely needs a new version but now what to do now ??? im going to try to install the vista or windows 7 versions n see what happens ...
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

i was just wandering whats the situation with u guys and where u bought and is it possible to change it for u thru ur dealer ... as for me im trying my best now to get it exchanged with the Roland GAIA because this is a pretty big drawback for me .... like i want to know do u guys have a chance to change it ? if u had a chance wud u get it changed ??? and if u dont have a choice to change it isnt this wrong ? cant it be taken up with roland ? is ur product under warrenty ???
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

and by the way i use windows ... and i was in doubt that its a problem with my windows os ... like some small flash software or something missing ... but if u say it doesnt work in cubase 5 n mac ... this clears it up even more for me .... its definately a flaw with the software which roland shud take responsibility for