201 sound

Forum for SH-201
synth_lover

201 sound

Post by synth_lover »

In Milk Inc's song "Forever" the SH-201 is seen being used in the video -I know that video is just a video clip and not the actual recording- but I'm assuming the SH-201 was actually used in making the song. Anyway, I'd like to know how the beat (tune) starting at 0:33, 2:25 is made. Do you think it's done by pressing the keys in that certain pattern -which I know is possible- or is an arpeggio or something else being used ? Any body know how...? Thanks.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjLHX5-z0gs
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: 201 sound

Post by Artemiy »

Could be the SH-201, with some stacking and chorus, and compression on top. Anyway, I happen to know one of the Milk, Inc. producers and I just e-mailed him out of curiosity. Who knows, maybe he'll tell us :-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, Filip replied to me and said that it was a stack of JP-8000 supersaws that they used for this synth sound.
synth_lover

Post by synth_lover »

Thanks for the reply, man. I really appreciate that you actually asked the guy from Milk Inc. So, does that mean it wasn't the SH-201 ? I know the SH and the JP 8000 share some sounds but I was wondering how that effect -if it is an effect or whatever it's called- is made. The only way I can do it on the SH is by actually hitting the keys in that pattern but it's a lot of work for the fingers.

I have no clue what "compression" or "stacking" means here but I'm guessing the latter means layering sounds but I'm not sure. I dont really know much about all the terms they use with synths 'cause I'm new to all this stuff.

Anyway, thanks again,man.