Patch Number buttons not working!

Forum for SH-201
SpiffyKat

Patch Number buttons not working!

Post by SpiffyKat »

I own a Roland SH-201 and I recently moved to my college dorm without it... it's been sitting for a few months at home and I know nobody there has used it. Now that I'm back home for vacation, I'm trying to play it and half of my number buttons (5 through 8) don't work! Can this be fixed? If so, how?

(Also, I tried a factory reset and realized that my Write/Cancel buttons aren't working either.)
Awesome

Re: Patch Number buttons not working!

Post by Awesome »

I have had the same thing happen to 5-7...anyone have a clue?
Re-Member

Post by Re-Member »

It's dirty contacts with the buttons. Dust gets stuck under the buttons, clots up and blocks the connection. I Holding the synth at different angles while pushing the buttons repetitively and wiggling them around can loosen up the dirt. You can also take it to a repair shop to be cleaned if the problem doesn't go away. I know my overdrive button still has some issues.
rbarkhouse

Post by rbarkhouse »

You could also try buying one of those spray cans of compressed air (you might find it in the office supply store, its usually used for cleaning out computer keyboards), and try blasting that in under your buttons.
Skijumptoes

Post by Skijumptoes »

If you are in uk poundland sell compressed air cans with a straw for a quid, may sort it.
The Actor

Post by The Actor »

What worked for me is to pull out the white ribbon cable from the pcb board and clean in with some contact spray, then pushing the cable back in. Simple but effective ...