Roland Sh201 major editor problem in Cubase 5

Forum for SH-201
fuzulu

Roland Sh201 major editor problem in Cubase 5

Post by fuzulu »

hello i bought the roland Sh201 yesterday and im facing a wierd problem in cubase 5 ... the editor is not working well at all... the drop down menus dont work at all .... so i cant change important settings like arrpegio pattern length ... and other things like filter timings and many more ... the arrpegio settings r pretty important cause this is the only way u can edit them ... i read on this forum that many others have the same problem in cubase 5 .... Im just wandering if this issue cannot be solved can it be taken up with Roland and can the syth be returned on this basis ? and i was in doubt that its a problem with my windows os ... like some small flash software or something missing ... but others u say it doesnt work in cubase 5 n mac ... this clears it up even more for me .... its definately a flaw with the software which roland shud take responsibility for

any sugessions ? solutions ?
DaniH

Re: Roland Sh201 major editor problem in Cubase 5

Post by DaniH »

Yes one post should be sufficient don't you think?? You have asked the same questions in 3 different topics all with the same questions and problems. I think one more post would get people to notice your problem and help you. I think that everyone thinks you are just joking and not serious.

Hope this solution helped you out.
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

what kind of reply is that man ... if u dont have any answer please dont be a wise ass .... i made a new topic because i wanted to explain my situation a bit more clearly ... and all the topics are about the same problem so whats wrong in posting in all the threads ??? and on top of that u say hope this solution works ... what a nerve man ... go get a life man !
DaniH

Post by DaniH »

Thank you my nerve is strong and thick. So once again if no one replies don't post the same new topics with same problems.
rolandchamp

Post by rolandchamp »

i think the problem is the editor's aren't officially supported for windows 7. (it says XP+vista)

really too bad...

I try to load the vsti in cubase 5.5.3 win7 64bit, and I can't get anything to work.

the editors work in standalone though.

c'mon Roland, update the plugin support!
rolandchamp

Post by rolandchamp »

wierd... now it's working.. so far anyways. +1, but still no audio...
Re-Member

Post by Re-Member »

The VST itself doesn't produce audio, it's just a way of controlling the SH-201 on a computer for MIDI tweaks. If you want audio, you need to connect a separate speaker to the SH-201, or set up an audio track within the DAW and use ASIO or ASIO4ALL to route the SH-201's USB audio into the computer.
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

hey thanks for the reply , im aware the vst itself doesnt produce audio obviously and im also aware of how i can get the audio out through cables into cubase ... what i want to know is how to use the editor and get the audio through usb ... is that even possible with the Sh 201 ? U said something about using ASIO or ASIO for all to get the audio through the usb , can u explain about this a bit more ?

thanks
Re-Member

Post by Re-Member »

ASIO stands for Audio Stream Input/Output. When you install the SH-201 UBS driver, the SH-201 becomes an audio interface (basically a sound card) which your computer can stream audio from through a USB cable. You'll only need one cable coming from the SH-201 USB port to your computer.

Now, I don't use Cubase, but there should be something in the preferences for audio settings allowing you to select the SH-201 as an audio input source (it might even say ASIO). In some cases, you might end up only hearing the SH-201 coming from the computer speakers, or there's loads of latency. If this is the case, do a Google search and download ASIO4ALL (it's free), select that as the audio input source in Cubase, and it will allow you to hear and monitor both the computer's audio and the SH-201 simultaneously.
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

hey thanks for the reply ... I dont want to use asio4all but ur point about selecting the sh201 as input source may just be the trick to get it working the way i want ... thanks !
fuzulu

Post by fuzulu »

and regarding the editor ... it could be a cubase problem as well ... some drop down menus not opening in cubase ... i have faced similar problems with some other plugins as well