Problem loading AU's in Logic...

Forum for SH-201
JCB

Problem loading AU's in Logic...

Post by JCB »

Hi!

Question about AU's in Logic. I'm using Logic 8 Express with a M-Audio 1814, on an Intel Mac running Snow Leopard. When I open the AU manager in Logic it lists the SH-201 AU manager as "crashed validation". When I check the box beside it to activate it, Logic freezes (spinning coloured wheel). And although the SH-201 editor opens, it flags that it "cannot read script". The SH-201 plays the EXS24 in Logic fine, and the standalone editor/librarian work fine as well. I feel like I'm one click away from getting this to work, any ideas would be most welcome... and thanks in advance!

Thanks!
Joseph
klausenomi

Re: Problem loading AU's in Logic...

Post by klausenomi »

I too am having the same issue. The problem is the plugin is not supported in logic 8.
It looks like it doesn't work with anything higher than 7.

Hope this helps.
Rottie

Re: Problem loading AU's in Logic...

Post by Rottie »

I had the same problem. I had to manualy put the "SH-201 Editor.component" in the MAC HD - Library - Audio - Plug-ins - Components.
I then open Logic and ran Audio Unit Manager. I think at some point I got an error message, I ignored that. I restarted Logic and it worked. It should be said I run Logic 9, but from what JCB writes it sound like the same problem.