cutoff problem

Forum for SH-201
synth_lover

cutoff problem

Post by synth_lover »

I don't know if any one still comes to this forum but I'll ask anyway.
My SH-201 (that was bought brand new 4 years ago but hardly ever used) has been having this weird problem for a while now. Almost every time I turn the "cutoff" knob either way, instead of it only making the sound 'brighter or darker', it makes this trimolo or "waw waw" -or maybe what they call "wah wah" kind of effect. It sounds just like when the LFO is on "random" and the "destination" is turned to the left or right. This happens when the "release" slider (in the APM section) is around the middle or higher. If I keep a key pressed this effect just comes and goes at random too even without turning the "cutoff" knob, even when the both "destination" knobs are on " 0 " and the "rate" knob in the LFO is all the way to the left.So, this effect can't be coming from that and I know the "cutoff" knob shouldn't make this kind of effect anyway.

So, I'm wondering if anyone knows what could be causing this problem because it's really annoying. I never changed any of the settings but I tried a factory reset but that didn't fix it. It looks like there's some kind of a problem internally.
darkstar679

Re: cutoff problem

Post by darkstar679 »

Hi,

maybe the knob or the slider is worn and needs to be replaced?