WIN 8.1 64 bit driver needed

Forum for SH-201
MrJimi

WIN 8.1 64 bit driver needed

Post by MrJimi »

Hi all,

Am surprised that I can't find a post regarding this topic.

A few months ago my laptop got upgraded to from win8 to win8.1, but it looks like I need a different driver for it. There isn't 1 on the Roland site :(
Will I have to get a USB driver for win8.1 as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jimi
DaniH

Re: WIN 8.1 64 bit driver needed

Post by DaniH »

You might have to. I have not seen any drivers for 8.1.
Anton81

Post by Anton81 »

Some times ago I also had this problem and it was successfully solved by temporarily disable digital signature verification drivers. There are some screenshots in russian language. http://www.windxp.com.ru/win8/article_44.htm
For the first time we need moove the mouse to the right upper corner of win 8.1 and vertical menu will appear.
Next we must choose the "Parameters" or "Options" (paragraf with cogwheel) and then press Win+I. Next with pushing shift choose "Off"("Shutdown") and "Reload" ("Restart").
Next in new menu choose "Diagnostics".
Next "Additional options".
Next "Options of load".
Next choose "Restart".
Next in new menu choose F7 ("Disable mandatory driver signing checks").
Windows will loaded. Switch SH-201.
Next in "Control panel" find "devices and printers", find SH-201 and right click of mouse on them, ckick on properties, in new window on the second insert find batton "Properties", then "Change Options", insert "Driver", button "Update", in new window choose "Search for the drivers on this computer".
Then we must choose the Folder with driver for win 8 "sh201_win8d_v100".
And that's all...
If this driver will not work we may do next procedure:
Do some change in driver file RDIF1065.INF:
1. Type ";" in line ;CatalogFile=RDID1065.CAT
2. And rename to the NTamd64 all "NTamd64.6.2, NTamd64.6.3" in this file.
Save file.
And again update this driver in the properties of SH-201.
Good-luck!
silencefm

Post by silencefm »

Anton81 wrote:Some times ago I also had this problem and it was successfully solved by temporarily disable digital signature verification drivers. There are some screenshots in russian language. http://www.windxp.com.ru/win8/article_44.htm
For the first time we need moove the mouse to the right upper corner of win 8.1 and vertical menu will appear.
Next we must choose the "Parameters" or "Options" (paragraf with cogwheel) and then press Win+I. Next with pushing shift choose "Off"("Shutdown") and "Reload" ("Restart").
Next in new menu choose "Diagnostics".
Next "Additional options".
Next "Options of load".
Next choose "Restart".
Next in new menu choose F7 ("Disable mandatory driver signing checks").
Windows will loaded. Switch SH-201.
Next in "Control panel" find "devices and printers", find SH-201 and right click of mouse on them, click on properties, in new window on the second insert find button "Properties", then "Change Options", insert "Driver", button "Update", in new window choose "Search for the drivers on this computer".
Then we must choose the Folder with driver for win 8 "sh201_win8d_v100".
And that's all...
If this driver will not work we may do next procedure:
Do some change in driver file RDIF1065.INF:
1. Type ";" in line ;CatalogFile=RDID1065.CAT
2. And rename to the NTamd64 all "NTamd64.6.2, NTamd64.6.3" in this file.
Save file.
And again update this driver in the properties of SH-201.
Good-luck!
Dear Anton, thank you sooooo much, you've saved my synth! Everything worked as described - I had to go into Diagnostics Mode, disable signature check with F7 and afterwards edit that INF-file, luckily I read Russian a bit, still your instructions are fine as well. And now the SH-201 fully operates under Windows 8.1 in REASON 11. That's really cool. Thanks a lot! Once again for those who search: Roland SH-201 driver for Windows 8.1 issue is resolved. Follow instructions and install driver for Win 8.