Windows 10

Forum for SH-201
Gerrie123

Re: Windows 10

Post by Gerrie123 »

korakios wrote:Thanks,
especially for the tip of temporary disabling "UEFI secure boot"

It was just a modification of the inf file . Most interfaces work that way, especially when a driver exists on Vista (preferably win7).

If you have an old interface working on Vista and up and doesn't work on latest Windows ,don't hesitate to pm me.

I tried using ASIO4All ,but it wasn't stable. (needed 64 buffer setting). But I can live with 96 samples latency...(remember to tick the box for lowest latency on sh201 asio panel)
Bad news, this worked for me also until the last major windows update, version 1803, which got installed on my surface pro last night. Drivers were again non functional as after previous updates, but this time I couldn't reinstall them with following this process.

Anyone else have the same issue / an idea how to get the SH-201 to work with USB under the latest windows 10 version? Huge bummer :(
korakios

Post by korakios »

Sorry ,I’ve ditched that bloated OS and switched permanently to Linux (& iOS). Win10 looked very promising at first , but it’s clear now (for me) that has no use other than playing some games.

I am sure someone will look at it ,stay positive :)

You did follow the exact steps ?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=50897#p296377

Out of curiosity, what’s the output error ?
bopalot

Post by bopalot »

I cant get mine to work? When i click the application in the driver folder it tells me "To make settings, connect the device and then execute once again".

I do that and nothing happens?
korakios

Post by korakios »

bopalot wrote:I cant get mine to work? When i click the application in the driver folder it tells me "To make settings, connect the device and then execute once again".

I do that and nothing happens?
Previous page are the instructions .......
bopalot

Post by bopalot »

just followed all instructions. laptop now recognizes sh201, but still doesnt work in editor. something bout not being able to read/write.
bopalot

Post by bopalot »

right click image and open in new tab

this is the msg i get once i clicked sync????
mastercass123

Post by mastercass123 »

just joined this just to post on here.

i came across this last night while helpin a mate install the drivers, im actually building an installer package for windows 10, and would like to know if there are any updates to the drivers themselves, as during a manual install of the drivers my mate encountered an error with the MIDI settings of the Roland, the device is detected and installed but the standalone package that comes with the Roland, doesn't want to read or write data to and from the Roland, so keen to hear if anyone has experienced this kind of issue.

anyway, at the moment im taking those instructions and coding them into a windows 10 programme built on 64 bit windows 10 pro.
mastercass123

Post by mastercass123 »

csherstan wrote:I'd be interested in reverse engineering the drivers, etc. and releasing some open source versions. Anyone else interested/able to join me?
Im working on building a driver utility for the Roland SH-201, that implements the instructions, but if you have access to the device, would be good working with you if you can reverse engineer those drivers, to add to an installation package.
yul2000

Post by yul2000 »

Hello!

Any luck on making the VST editor work in Windows 10 build 1803?

Is the UEFI procedure still valid in this case for me here?

I am very disappointed about the missing updated driver how is it possible that Roland would not take the extra step? SH-201 are quite capable and still very up to date technology..

Thanks
yul2000

Post by yul2000 »

So I realize that this will never happen. Too bad Roland would not at least get existing drivers signed as they did with their more recent products. Makes me think twice about buying a more expensive kit from them. Doesn't seem like a big deal here to try an keep something interesting going..
docdelete

Post by docdelete »

Thanks for the info here. I'd forgotten how to get these drivers into Windows 10, I did it with this forum's help a couple of years ago. I've just done it again and it's saved me from having to buy another MIDI controller keyboard. I've yet to try the patch editor software - but at least I'm up and running!

Thanks all!
darkstar679

Post by darkstar679 »

Meanwhile there are videos how to install the driver under win 10.
The main thing is to switch off the driver checking procedure of win 10 which you can do at boot menu.

On my win10 the drivers are doing well now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2aSb4q2Kvw
Fredisland

Post by Fredisland »

I confirm the solution of korakios works well, even in 2022 (I'm a new owner of SH-201, on Windows 10).