I have created a place to collect our SH-201 patches

Forum for SH-201
Fredisland

Post by Fredisland »

Hello,

✅ I'm French, I live in France, and I don't like frog legs 😁.

✅ I'm the owner of an SH-201 for a few weeks, and I am progressing in small steps in its use, after having used a Korg POLY 800 II many years ago. What attracted me to the SH-201 is the concept of 1 parameter = 1 command, even if I regret the digital switch between the two OSCs and the two LFOs, because then the potentiometers are not in the right place and no digital display informs us of the current value. In short !

✅ I've noticed that there's relatively little online support for this nifty synthesizer, perhaps because it's a pure sonic research tool, and less fun to use, compared to a JUNO with multiple hundreds of beautiful pre-sampled sounds. In short (once again)!

✅ It is also difficult to get nice patches for the SH, much more elaborate than the factory ones (and the best ones are paid for). The majority of the links offering patches for download are dead, even on this forum, and I had to do a lot of research to finally find the missing ones. So as not to lose all this, I created a small SH-201 folder in the BONUS part of my website dedicated to AMSTRAD CPC. In this folder, available to everyone, I collect all the patches that I can now find, as well as documents in French and English, the driver for Windows 10 and more stuff to discover. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have interesting files (especially patches) that you would make available to everyone.

The magic folder 📂: https://acpc.me/#ACME/_BONUS/ROLAND_SH-201

So ! See you soon new with pictures of my SH-201 because I'm waiting for brand new buttons from AliExpress.

Fred.

Neils

Re: I have created a place to collect our SH-201 patches

Post by Neils »

Great job! You must have spent a lot of time on it, so thanks for sharing. I’ll look forward to seeing your refurbished synth.