Using Sonic Cell as stand alone mic preamp & effects unit?

Forum for SonicCell
mantoras

Using Sonic Cell as stand alone mic preamp & effects unit?

Post by mantoras »

Hello!

I already use another soundcard which i will continue to use. I have looked into the editor what is possible and i discovered that you could use the Sonic Cell as an effect processor for routing audio from the computer, but i guess also from the inputs in realtime.

1. So except to use it as a stand alone synth, is it possible to use it as an realtime effect processor?

2. Also, i know you can control the MFX parameters by MIDI, is it easy to save this controllers in an performance for instant recall? So i can switch between different performances for different effects and always have the right midi control setup ready?

3. Will the sonic cell receive midiclock to sync the tempo based MFX?
jnbazin

Re: Using Sonic Cell as stand alone mic preamp & effects uni

Post by jnbazin »

bump
howardS

Post by howardS »

Since no one answered I will try and answer the questions although I no longer have my SonicCell around. I think you can use the audio in and route it to an MFX which can, of course, then be chained to two other MFX blocks, chorus/delay and reverb; all from within a performance. I did that on my Fantom X and S and think it can also be done on the SonicCell. My recollection as well is that it was saved with each performance.

Also, it seems from this thread that midiclock should work though I have not tried it myself.
Thibosia

Post by Thibosia »

I like it very much in mind.