Sonic Cell and Fantom X7

Forum for SonicCell
markferrell

Sonic Cell and Fantom X7

Post by markferrell »

I am getting a Sonic Cell and was wondering if Performances set up with layers and splits on the Fantom X7 can be transferred and written into the memory of the Sonic Cell. I understand that the SC has some new waveforms but that is also uses the Fantom sound set as well.

Even if the individual voices used in the performances are all not identical, it would be much easier to edit then on the SC...with MOST all parameters loaded.

Is this possible or do I need to reconstruct everything manually on the SC or with the software editor?

Thanks
Igglethorpe

Re: Sonic Cell and Fantom X7

Post by Igglethorpe »

Hmmm,

I'm able to do this very easily with the XR and X8, but unfortunately I don't have access to a Sonic Cell. If you are very familiar with your X7, a quick look through the Sonic Cell instruction manual (if it's available online) should help a great deal.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Yes, you can transfer sounds using the Librarian.
Although Fantom and SonicCell Librarian files are different , you can use the SMF Import/Export to transfer files between the 2 Librarians, thus, between the two machines.
Apart the obvious diferences between the 2 soundsets and the fact that the SonicCell has no sampler, I could say that it replicates at almost at 1:1 all the Fantom X Sounds. So you just would need to make some adjustments to your Performances.
markferrell

Post by markferrell »

I am new to this so bear with me. So you are saying there is a librarian software for the x7 and one for the Sonic Cell? Or can you use the same librarian software to access each unit?
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

No, there are 2 different Editors/Librarians. Quite similar but different and no, you can't use Fantom's Editor/Librarian with the SC and vice-versa ;-)
howreg

Post by howreg »

I am noew to this also and learning alot in two days. So is the other way around possible, could I take some of the new sounds from Soiniuc Cell such as Oragans and Piano etc and put them on my Fanthom X User bands using the two librairy softwares right?
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Yes you can do it but remember that, as I said, since there are some diferences in the soundsets/waves , some patches may not sound exactly the same or not sound at at all.
howreg

Post by howreg »

THanks I will have to try this