Sonic Cell Perfomances

Forum for SonicCell
markferrell

Sonic Cell Perfomances

Post by markferrell »

I just got the Sonic Cell unit and have a couple questions. I want to use the unit live with a controller and set up Performances with layers and splits. I want to access the individual Performances using a Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot contoller. For each pedal, the FCB can be programmed to send up to 5 Program change messages and 2 control changes per preset.

How would this then be programmed to change between performances? I see in the Patch section of the manual it lists the MSB, LSB info for the Patches but does not do the same for the Performances.

Thanks for any help or insight into this. I am still trying to wrap my head around all of this.
V-CeeOh

Re: Sonic Cell Perfomances

Post by V-CeeOh »

Haven't tested this yet but assuming is works similar as the Fantom you just need to send a Program Change message at the "Perfomance Control Channel" wich at factory settings is number 16. Since there are only 64 User and 64 Preset the usual 128 Program changes are enough.
markferrell

Post by markferrell »

I did find a table in the manual under MIDI Implementation and it shows the following:

Bank Select (Contoller number 0, 32)
Not received in Performance mode when the Receive Bank Select (Performance MIDI) is OFF

USER Performance
BANK MSB: 085
SELECT LSB: 000
PROGRAM NUMBER: 001-064

PRESET Performance
BANK MSB: 085
SELECT LSB: 064
PROGRAM NUMBER: 001-064

Are you saying then the FCB has to be programmed to send the CC using MIDI channel 16?
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

well, yes, CC messages are channel dependent so you must send them in the right channel.