Sonic Cell Update

Forum for SonicCell
cgreene

Sonic Cell Update

Post by cgreene »

Roland has updated the OS to v 1.04 (from 1.02). Has anyone loaded it in yet? Here's the info translated from the Japanese site:

Modification contents In order [ -> Ver.1.04 ] for list indication of the timbre name indicatory GM patch to be done just, it corrected. The trouble which has the fact that in USB INTERFACE USB Audio extremely rarely short noise rides was corrected. When the abundant data receiving from USB-MIDI, operation improvement was done. When playing back WAV/AIFF whose AUDIO PLAYER 5 second is short, the trouble which extremely is not played back rarely just was corrected. When MIDI Sync Mode is SLAVE, receiving MIDI start message, in order not to start the performance of demonstration tune, it corrected. After the demonstration performance demonstration play 4 number ending returning to the head of 1 number, it tried to stop. Screen saber function that tried operates in the screen saber functional song play picture.
cgreene

Re: Sonic Cell Update

Post by cgreene »

I have just upgraded to v 1.04. Downloaded it from the Roland Japan site.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Great, but can you please tell us if there are update instructions in English?
cgreene

Post by cgreene »

Not yet Artemio. It's not on the US or UK sites yet, but I used the babelfish translation to figure it out. Here it is:

Following to update procedure below-mentioned procedure, please install the system program which it thaws to SonicCell. The USB memory which is used for update, using SonicCell, the format it does. (Please read instruction manual P.179) to start the personal computer, procedure 1. So the USB memory which the format is done is connected to the USB terminal of the personal computer. When the file for update is thawed on the personal computer, inside the SonicCell_v104 folder, the file, "sonic_cell_up.bin" is drawn up. This it copies in the route & the folder of USB memory. Every SonicCell_v104 folder, please do not copy. After connecting USB memory to SonicCell itself, power is turned on. Update starts, ACCESS LED blinks. When "Completed" it is indicated, it is completion. The power of SonicCell is turned off. * 1 minute it is required for update. * While updating when power source of the knitting machine is cut, there is a possibility the program and the data being destroyed. Please note.

So basically, you copy the .bin file to the root directory of a memory stick that has been formatted by the Sonic Cell. Then plug the stick in the Sonic Cell and then turn the unit on and it updates automatically. After it is 'completed', turn the unit off.
yazoo

Sonic cell update

Post by yazoo »

I can’t update the Sonic cell, what I do wrong? I have formatted the usb memory-stick on the sonic cell and placed the Bin -file into the map of sonic cell afther I put the usb memory stick into the sonic cell and put the power on but it do nothing. Can someone help me?

Thank you